Mushroom & Walnut Ragout
- Combine dried mushrooms and water, bring to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Remove mushrooms and strain liquid through a fine mesh sieve. Reserve.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, carrot, and leek in olive oil and butter until soft.
- Add the fresh mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms have released their liquid and evaporated.
- Add the walnuts and tomato paste and cook until caramelizes.
- Deglaze with madeira. Reduce until liquid is almost gone.
- Add the pre-soaked mushrooms, and reserved cooking liquid, and chicken stock. Add herbs and continue to cook until thick consistency is achieved.
- Stir in blanched kale. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a smaller pot, discard the solids.
- Bring to a simmer and whisk in butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Porcini Crusted Black Drum
- Preheat the over to 375. Season the fish with porcini, salt, and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan just until bubbling. Add the fish.
- Gently cook the fish in the butter for 3-4 minutes, basting with the butter.
- Flip the fish and transfer the pan to the oven. Continue to cook the fish for another 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Spoon the mushroom ragout into a deep bowl.
- Place the fish on top of the ragout.
- Pour the broth into the bowl and serve immediately.