1 3–5 pound chicken
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
½ cup crème fraîche
1 pound mixed mushrooms
3 garlic cloves chopped
2 tablespoons canola oil
8-12 panisse (chickpea flour cake)
3 tablespoons red wine
Splash of red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove giblets, and rinse chicken thoroughly, inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels. Truss as desired.
- Brush bird with mustard and place in a roasting pan. Salt and pepper thoroughly and spoon crème fraîche over bird.
- Roast for approximately 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting often. Chicken is done when you slice wing from bird and juices run clear. Remove from roasting pan and place
on platter to sit for 20 minutes. Reserve juices from pan.
- While bird is resting, sauté mushrooms and garlic in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Sear panisse in same pan until golden on each side and set aside.
- Skim fat from bird juices, and pour into small saucepan. Add wine and bring liquid to a boil. Add stock as desired and season to taste.
- Just before serving, sprinkle mushrooms with vinegar. Place 2 panisse on each plate top with chicken and mushrooms. Serve with hoice of greens, if desired.