Three dozen large oysters, shucked, drained, and dried
¼ cup warm water
1 cup cornmeal, seasoned
- Arrange two bowls side by side, the first containing two eggs and ¼ cup of warm water whisked together and the other containing seasoned corn meal.
- Place a sheet of wax paper on the bottom of a baking pan.
- Dip the oyster in the egg mixture and then roll in the corn meal to cover and place on the wax paper until all are done.
- Place the pan with the oysters in the freezer until they are frozen. Remove from the freezer and scrape the frozen oysters into a zip lock freezer bag and keep frozen until you are just ready to cook.
- Bring a skillet with about ¼ inch of corn oil up to medium heat. Add hard frozen oysters a few at a time, brown on both sides, and drain on a paper towel. Continue until all are done and serve.
- from Ben McC. Moïse, Charleston, SC