A bustling scene on weekends, the house bagels and a variety of fillings pair well with Chersevani’s cocktails like the Quince is the New Apple; a cocktail made with brandy, honey-poached quince, rosemary, and lemon.
2 ounces Copper & Kings Craft Distilled Brandy
1 ounce Honey-Poached Quince (recipe follows)
½ ounce lemon juice
1 sprig rosemary
3 whole quince, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch segments
2 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
2 cups honey
2 cups of water
- In a shaker, combine brandy, quince, and lemon juice and shake.
- Double strain over large cube of ice in rocks glass with sugared rim. Garnish with rosemary sprig.
- In pot, combine all ingredients. Cover and bring to boil.
- Uncover and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain hot liquid through fine mesh strainer and reserve liquid (for cocktail experimentation or another use).
- from Gina Chersevani of Buffalo & Bergen, Washington, DC