Photo by Charleston Grill
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, small diced
2 cups quinoa
4 cups vegetable stock or water
½ cup dried cranberries
1 cup celery
1 tablespoon sage, fresh and chopped
1 teaspoon thyme, fresh and chopped
1 teaspoon rosemary, fresh and chopped
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon white pepper
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water.
- In a medium Dutch oven, heat the oil and then add onions. Sauté until translucent.
- Add quinoa and toast for two minutes. Add broth and then add cranberries, celery, herbs, and salt and pepper.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it rest for 15 minutes with the lid on.
Date Published: 11.10.14
from Chef Michelle Weaver of Charleston Grill, Charleston, SC
shop the south
Discover the Local Palate's thoughtfully curated selection of regional food products.