- Pat the rabbit legs dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Rub seasoning evenly into the meat, place legs in a glass or stainless steel bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat a water bath to 165 degrees. Seal the legs in a single layer in one 8×12-inch sous vide bag on medium vacuum. Drop in water bath for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Remove the rabbit from the sous vide bag, pat dry, and arrange in a single layer on a baking dish that’s been coated in pan spray. Brush half of the barbecue sauce on the tops of the rabbit legs.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until sauce has just dried and fused to the meat. Remove from oven. Brush on remaining barbecue sauce and sprinkle seeds on top.
Yield: 4 servings
Rye Berries and Carrots
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and let cook 20−30 minutes or until rye is tender but still chewy.
- Drain rye and return to pan. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Yield: 4 cups
Sorghum Rye BBQ Sauce
- Combine everything except chocolate in a heavy-bottomed pot and bring to a boil. Simmer 30 minutes. Stir frequently—the sauce sticks and burns easily.
- Remove from heat, stir in chocolate, and let sit 5 minutes. Whisk to incorporate chocolate.
Yield: 7 cups BBQ sauce