2 pounds ramp greens, blanched in salt water (substitute green onion tops if ramps are unavailable)
1 Vidalia onion, diced
8 cloves garlic, chopped
6 jalapeño peppers, diced
1 cup rice wine vinegar
1 cup white distilled vinegar
2 cups water
1 cup salt
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon soy lecithin (aids in emulsification process)
- Sauté onion, garlic and chilies until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients except blanched ramps and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer, and cook until onions and peppers are soft.
- Purée in batches, adding ramps to each batch until everything is puréed.
- Strain and check seasoning.
- from Chef Mark Steuer