- Heat vegetable oil in a small saucepot over medium low heat.
- Add onions and sweat for until soft about 5 minutes. Add parsnips and cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute then add heavy cream and water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes or until parsnips are soft. Remove from heat, strain off liquid, and reserve.
- Place parsnips in blender and add some liquid back. Pureé on high speed, adding liquid as necessary until mixture is smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer; season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- In a small mixing bowl combine bacon lardons, tomato, apples, and sliced chives and mix well.
- Add olive oil, sherry vinegar, and season with salt and white pepper.
- Divide soup into four bowls and place a small amount of garnish in the middle of each.
- Garnish with long-cut chives, and drizzle the soup with hazelnut oil.