Food Culture of the South
Makes 1 cocktail
2 ounces pisco (CAMP recommends Barsol)
½ ounce lime juice
½ ounce lemon juice
1 ounce strawberry-rose syrup (recipe follows)
1 ounce egg white or aquafaba
Garnish: Dried rose petals
- In a cocktail tin, combine all ingredients except garnish.
- Shake for 15 seconds, then add ice and shake for 15 seconds more.
- Double strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a pinch of rose petals on half the drink.
¼ cup sugar
3-5 strawberries, quartered
Pinch of dried rose petals
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar with ¼ cup water. Bring to a boil until sugar dissovles.
- In a small bowl, muddle strawberries with dried rose petals. Pour syrup over strawberry mixture and let steep for 1 hour. Strain before using.
- From CAMP, Greenville, South Carolina