- In a mixing bowl, combine salmon, shallots, chives, salt, pepper, and oil. Form into 4 equal-size patties. Place burgers on a high-temperature grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side, cooking medium rare to medium.
- While burgers are cooking, fry eggs in butter in a hot nonstick skillet, sunny side up. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread ½ tablespoon Korean mustard on the top and bottom of each bun. Add 2 tablespoons kimchi to bottom bun. Add salmon burger and top with egg.
Korean Spicy Mustard
- Combine mustard powder and apple cider vinegar. Allow it to sit overnight to hydrate.
- The next day, combine all ingredients, including mustard mixture, in a non-reactive bowl. Cook over a double boiler until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and refrigerate, stirring occasionally until cold.
Yield: 1 quart