2 pounds salmon, cut into 8-ounce pieces
2 limes, quartered
Salt and pepper to taste
2 pounds fingerling potatoes (or new red potatoes)
1 pound green beans
1 red onion
1 stick butter, divided
1 teaspoon salad oil, such as canola, grapeseed, or light olive oil
¼ cup pomegranate juice
2 tablespoons white wine
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Marinate salmon by squeezing four lime quarters over the fish, then sprinkling with salt, and pepper.
- Cut potatoes into very thin slices, dice green beans, and julienne onion.
- In a skillet, melt half of the butter and add the potatoes, green beans, and onion. Put a lid on the skillet and let cook on low heat for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are brown and tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another pan, heat salad oil.
- Put in the salmon filets, salt, and pepper and sear for 1 minute.
- Finish in the oven for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Put fish on a platter once cooked.
- Use the same skillet to reduce the pomegranate juice with remaining butter, salt, lime juice squeeze from the other four lime quarters, and white wine.
- Pour sauce over dish. Serve vegetables on the side and garnish whole dish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
- from Chef Bruce Ucán of the Mayan Café, Louisville, Kentucky