For Salt-Roasted Beets
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking tray with some parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine water and egg whites; start whisking them to a slight froth. Slowly add the salt; it should start to resemble wet sand.
- Take your wet sand and make little beet snowballs, packing the mixture tightly around the beets. Place covered beets on the baking tray.
- Bake in oven for about two hours. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Break open the salt shell, peel the beets (the peel should come off easily by hand), cut as you like, set aside.
- Add the first five ingredients (everything except the mascarpone) into a blender. Puree until smooth and set aside.
- Put dollop of mascarpone cheese onto each plate and spread smooth.
- Mix olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl, then dress the beets in the mixture.
- Arrange sliced beets and fresh raspberries on top of the mascarpone. Drizzle with sauce. Serve immediately.