- In small bowl, combine yeast and water and set aside for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Gently stir 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into yeast mixture, then add liquid to flour-salt mixture. Using a sturdy spoon, stir dough until just combined.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface, and knead until a cohesive ball forms. (If dough is difficult to work with, cover with a large bowl and allow let rest for a few minutes.) Transfer to a large bowl and drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over top. Coat completely, then cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise at room temperature until it has doubled in size, approximately 1 hour.
- Place dough back onto floured surface and, with palms of your hands, punch out air from dough. Form it into a ball and return to bowl. Cover and set aside for 20 to 25 minutes to rest. Return to floured surface one more time to roll out.