1 pound of mixed greens (collards, beet, kale, etc., anything but lettuces)
2 tablespoons olive oil
or any other spice that catches your fancy
- Rinse greens well in cold water.
- Drain well (or spin in a salad spinner) and cut leaves into ¼- to 1/2-inch strips.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a well-seasoned cast iron skillet or wok.
- Add greens and cook, stirring often, for about 5 to 10 minutes—or until the greens are tender.
- Season as desired.
- from Jamie DeMent of Coon Rock Farm, Hillsborough, NC