- Making sure carrots are dry, combine them with remaining ingredients, except for 1 cup breadcrumbs and canola oil. Mix until thoroughly combined and refrigerate 15 minutes. Add more breadcrumbs if mixture appears too loose.
- Form into 2-ounce patties and coat with remaining breadcrumbs. Refrigerate until ready to fry.
- Heat canola oil to 350 degrees. Gently add cakes and cook on all sides until golden brown. Remove from pan and hold warm in a 200-degree oven.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and whip with electric mixer to medium peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Carrot Top Salsa Verde
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread salsa verde on plates. Top each with cakes, then dot each cake with whipped buttermilk.