12 eggs separated
1 cup superfine sugar divided
1 pint heavy cream
1 pint whole milk
1 pint bourbon (Maker’s Mark)
1 pint Sea Island Spice Rum
1 cup pumpkin purée
Nutmeg for garnish
- Beat egg yolks well. Beat in half of the sugar.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Beat remaining sugar into whites.
- Fold yolks into egg whites.
- Gently stir in heavy cream, whole milk, bourbon, and Sea Island Spice Rum.
- Fold in pumpkin purée and finish by blending until smooth in blender.
- Chill before serving. Serve with whipped cream and fresh nutmeg.
- Recipe by Chef Bob Carter