- Use tip of sharp boning knife to score skin side of duck breast.
- Place large sauté pan over medium-high heat, and place duck skin-side down in pan. Sear until golden brown and crispy, approximately 4 minutes. Turn over and sear for another 3 to 4 minutes on other side until medium rare. Remove from pan, and let rest.
- To assemble, place spoonful of Bacon and Currant Braised Cabbage on plate then scatter Poached Carrots over top. Slice duck and shingle on top of cabbage. Top with Orange Chili Glaze.
Bacon and Currant Braised Cabbage
- Cook bacon until crispy in large sauté pan over medium heat. Remove from pan, and strain.
- Add onions and garlic to bacon fat in pan, and sweat for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar, syrup and coffee to pan, then bring to a simmer.
- Add cabbage and cook on medium heat until tender, stirring every few minutes.
- Finish with currants, vinegar, and hot sauce.
Blanch carrots in salted boiling water for 1 minute. Drain carrots, and then sauté with remaining ingredients until tender.
Orange Chili Glaze
- In medium sauce pan reduce orange juice to a syrup.
- Add chicken stock, sambal oelek and Worcestershire sauce to pot, and stir to combine.