3 ounces cream sherry
1 ounce spiced rum
2 whole eggs
2 tablespoon powdered sugar
Nutmeg to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin.
- Take the spring off of your cocktail strainer (if you can) and place it in the shaker. Cap and shake, without ice, until your arm is tired. This process emulsifies your drink, providing that luscious texture you’re looking for.
- Take the spring out of the shaker, placing it back on the strainer, then add ice to your mixture and shake until your guests are duly impressed but a little worried about you.
- Strain into cocktail glasses and grate a bit of nutmeg on each.
- Recipe by Justin Lavenue and Dennis Gobis of The Roosevelt Room in Austin, Texas