- Make the sourdough starter: In a mixing bowl, combine flours and mother with 2 cups water. Set aside for at least 12 hours.
- Make the pancakes: In a mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients and set aside. In another large bowl, whisk melted butter into egg yolks. Then, whisk in sourdough starter.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat egg whites until fluffy. While mixing on low speed, slowly stream buttermilk into egg whites. Whisk whites into yolk mixture, then whisk in dry ingredients.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Spoon batter onto griddle and cook until lightly golden on each side. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve pancakes topped with maple syrup, seeded butter, and cherries.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Toast seeds for about 6 minutes, then set aside to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter until softened. Add toasted seeds and mix until thoroughly combined.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine cherries and syrup and cook until cherries have softened.
From June’s All the Way.