A healthy alternative to the holiday cookie, El Paso’s Orange Peel Pastries, Cakes & More offers a spiced banana orange cookie to put on your holiday cookie platter.
1½ cups flour
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 large egg
1½ cups very ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup raisins
½ cup orange peel
2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Place in bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment and blend in butter on low speed.
- Add egg and bananas. Blend until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture. Mix until just blended
- By hand, stir in raisins, orange peel, and oats. Mix until just blended.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a sheet pan.
- Bake between 12−15 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Announce to your guests that all shall bow before these mighty treats.
Chef’s Note: These cookies are great the day after.
- from Chef Julie Adauto of Peel Pasteries, Cakes & More in El Paso, Texas