5 ears of corn, seafood boiled
1 medium jalapeño pepper, seafood boiled
¾ cup shiitake mushroom caps, seafood boiled
2 tablespoons whiskey
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt, pepper, and sugar to taste
Few mint leaves, julienned
This is one “separate” side dish that can be made from the corn in the boil. Just pull some corn from the finished pile of food and whip this up.
- Using a sharp, serrated knife, remove corn kernels from the cobs and reserve in a small bowl. Discard cobs.
- Quarter jalapeño lengthwise and seed, fine chop, and add to corn.
- Julienne mushroom caps. Add to corn.
- Season corn salad to taste with whiskey, oil, salt, pepper, and sugar. Mix well. Fold mint into salad and serve.
- from Chef Tory McPhail of Commander's Palace, New Orleans, Louisiana