3 cups skimmed cream (can substitute 1 cup whole milk plus 2
¾ cups sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
8 farm-fresh egg yolks
- Mix all ingredients and heat over medium heat while stirring constantly. When the mixture reaches 160 degrees, remove from heat and cool over an ice bath.
- Chill the ice cream mix thoroughly in the refrigerator. It’s best to let it rest 12 hours.
- When ready to churn, strain the mixture and then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Enjoy it right out of the churn! That’s when ice cream is the best!
- from Colleen Cruze Bhatti of Cruze Farm in Knox County, Tennessee