3 pounds yellow squash
1 medium onion, chopped
½ cup butter
3 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Chop squash and onion. Put in a large pot, cover with salted water and cook over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Drain well. Mix cooked squash and onion with ¼ cup butter, eggs, corn starch, ½ cup cheddar cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Place mixture into a buttered casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and butter and bake for about 35 minutes.
- from Sissy Hassy, Innkeeper of Sea View on Pawleys Island, SC