- Heat milk and sage in large pot to approximately 180 degrees, just below boiling.
- Remove sage from pot, and add extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk in oats, reduce heat to medium, and cook until tender.
- Season with agave, salt, Franks. Adjust consistency with water or milk as needed, and serve warm.
Chef Note: While completely optional; at the restaurant we top it with ricotta espuma, Holy Smoke honey, granola and Chinese five-spice. In my opinion the five-spice provides more depth, while at the same still provides the same flavor association as cinnamon.
(aka Enlightened Ricotta)
- Scale ingredients.
- In a small pot, heat cream, ricotta, salt, honey, and Franks RedHot sauce.
- Transfer to blender and purée until smooth.
- With blender running, sprinkle xanthan gum into vortex.
- Pour into isi siphon, and charge with 1 -2 NO2 cartridges.
- Serve warm.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place all ingredients except syrup, cherries, cranberries and apricots in large bowl. Stir to combine, and then pour syrup over ingredients. Stir again to mix well.
- Place raw granola on parchment-lined sheet tray, and bake until golden brown and crunchy, approximately 1 to 1 ½ hours. Stir every 20 minutes while baking.
- Remove from oven, and cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add cherries, cranberries and apricots.
Combine ingredients in small pot, and bring to a boil. Strain out vanilla bean.
Note: Seeds, nuts and dried fruit ingredients can vary to suit your taste. Just stick to roughly the same amounts so you don’t flood the syrup.