- Place pizza stone on middle rack and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, arrowroot, together and sift.
- Roll galette dough into a 12-inch diameter circle and refrigerate.
- Cut hulled strawberries in half and toss with vanilla paste, orange liquor, and dry ingredients then let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place marinated strawberries in middle of galette dough, leaving a 2-inch border. There will be leftover liquid from strawberries reserve this to put on top after galette is formed.
- Fold edges of dough to form a 1-inch border. Whisk together egg and milk then brush onto pastry and sprinkle sanding sugar on top.
For the Galette Dough
- Chill ingredients in freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients then put mixture on workspace and start cutting butter into flour until pieces of butter are long and thin and coated with flour. Please note. It is important that everything is really cold so that butter doesn’t melt into dry ingredients.
- Once all butter cubes are all long and thin, mound up butter and flour mixture. Make a well in center and add about 90 percent of water. Slowly start working it into dry ingredients using a bench knife, hydrating dough without overworking. If dough is still dry, incorporate remaining water.
- Once dough comes together, stop working it, divide into two pieces, and wrap with plastic Refrigerate for one hour. (It is fine if dough still seems a little dry. By the time the dough is done resting in refrigerator, it will be hydrated and cold enough to roll out.)
CHECK OUT THESE STRAWBERRY INSPIRATIONS /// Strawberry Filled Cake with Fresh Strawberry Buttercream / A Strawberry Salad That’s Ripe for the Picking / Strawberry Lemonade Paletas