- Combine first four ingredients in a blender and starting at a lower speed, purée well.
- Turn the speed up and continue to blend until completely emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper. (Note: I like to go heavy on the pepper.)
- Combine water and sugar in a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add hazelnuts and simmer for two minutes.
- Strain nuts out of simple syrup mixture, then place indivually on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Place in mixing bowl and season with a touch of salt and cocoa powder until evenly coated.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until use.
- Clean all greens well under water, drain and pat dry. Make sure excess stem is removed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine greens, sliced strawberries and vinaigrette as needed (you will have some dressing left over).
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place evenly in four bowls and top with hazelnuts and feta.