2 ounces Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
2 ounces St. Germain Liqueur
3 ounces Pernod cucumber broth (recipe follows)
1 ounce Pernod
2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 ounces honey
1 English cucumbers, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon simple syrup
1 tablespoon Pernod liqueur or any anise-flavored liqueur
1/2 teaspoon high-quality fish sauce
(preferably Red Boat‘s Bourbon Barrel Aged Fish Sauce)
For cucumber broth:
- Juice English cucumbers, sending pulp back through juicer until all juice is extracted.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together cucumber juice, simple syrup, Pernod, and fish sauce until fully incorporated.
- Reserve in refrigerator until ready to serve.
For the Cocktail
- Put all ingredients in a shaker with a few ice cubes and shake well.
- Fill rocks glass with ice and pour mix over top.
- Garnish with a thinly cut cucumber ribbon.
- From Motor Supply’s head barman, Josh Streetman