- Place duck fat in large pan over medium heat. Add bacon and sausage and allow to render.
- Add vegetables to pot. Season with salt and pepper then add sachet. Continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Deglaze with wine and reduce slightly.
- Pour stock into pan and bring to simmer.
- Add peas and tomatoes and return to a simmer. Cook until beans start to become tender. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Top with duck confit (recipe follows).
- Rinse and pat dry duck legs.
- To make marinade paste, place salt, herbs, spices, garlic and shallots in food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Rub paste on each leg and pile in large container with lid. Let cure in refrigerator for 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Remove duck from container and rinse off paste then dry.
- Pour duck fat in a large pot and submerge legs in fat. Bring to simmer over low heat, then cover with foil, and place in oven for six hours.
- Cool duck in fat then separate from bones and skin. Do not shred the confit.
- Strain fat and reserve.