- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease round baking pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients and cut in shortening.
- Stir in sweet potato, add milk, and stir until just combined. Pat out onto a floured surface (dough is rather sticky) to ½-inch thickness.
- Cut with biscuit cutter and place in the greased pan, not touching.
- Bake for 15−18 minutes. When biscuits are warm, slice in half and add a slice of ham. (We serve them plain but you can add mustard, butter, or other condiments if so desired). Serve immediately.