1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup hot water
2 ounces Woodford Reserve bourbon
1 egg white
2 teaspoons sweet potato puree*
- Mix ginger, cinnamon, bourbon vanilla extract, salt, and sugar. Slowly stir in water. Double strain and let cool.
- Combine ¾ ounce mixture with other ingredients except marshmallow creme in cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake well.
- Double strain into chilled coupe glass.
- To garnish, cover cocktail with marshmallow creme. Using brulee torch, carefully toast top of creme.
*For sweet potato puree, boil peeled sweet potato until soft. Blend potato until it reaches the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- from Sean Thibodeaux of St. Charles Exchange in Louisville, KY