1½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined or whole with heads on
3 tablespoons red curry paste
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup green onion or green garlic, finely sliced,white and green parts
4 cups shrimp stock or chicken broth
1 cup Swiss chard (about six leaves), ribs removed and chopped, leaves thinly sliced
½ cup coconut milk
1 cup cooked rice
Basil chiffonade and lime wedges for garnish
- Toss shrimp with red curry paste until coated, set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan until shimmery, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and green onions and sauté until shrimp turn pink around the edges, about 2 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, add Swiss chard, and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and cooked rice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with basil and a wedge of lime.
- from John Ryan of Xiao Bao Biscuit, Charleston, SC