Food Culture of the South
Makes one cocktail
1 ounce Bacardi Silver Rum
1 ounce Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
2 ounces fresh blood orange juice
¾ ounce lime juice
½ ounce vanilla syrup
1 egg white
- Add ingredients into a mixing tin.
- Dry shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds (longer if needed to further emulsify the egg white).
- Next add ice and shake until cold.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass and garnish with a paper-thin slice of blood orange, to be laid on top of the foam.
- From Guy Jackson of Montage Palmetto Bluff, Bluffton, South Carolina