1 ounce Los Amantes Mezcal Joven
1 ounce Foggy Ridge Pippin Gold
1 ounce ginger syrup (recipe follows)
¼ ounce Ramazzotti Amaro
Atomizer filled with Angostura Bitters
Orange twist for garnish
3 pounds fresh ginger
6 quarts water
½ teaspoon Brittany Sea Salt
4 cinnamon sticks
2 tablespoon whole cloves
1 vanilla bean
3 tablespoons whole Jamaican all spice
2 limes, juiced
⅛ cup hibiscus flowers
56 ounces demerara sugar
¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
Combine all ingredients except bitters and orange twist in cocktail shaker with ice and shake. Strain into collins glass filled with crushed ice. Spray ice with Angostura Bitters using atomizer or add several drops to top of drink. Garnish with a twist of orange.
- Juice ginger with electric juicer, it will render about 32ounces of ginger juice Strain through cheesecloth then pour into large stock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to stock pot and bring to simmer over low heat. Cover with lid and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from stove and let cool for 2 hours. Strain syrup thoroughly
- Bring to simmer, then cover with lid and cook for another 30 minutes. Remove covered pot from stove and let cool for about 2 hours. Strain thoroughly, then incorporate stick blender incorporate xanthan gum using stick blender. Xanthan gum helps to keep syrup from separating. Cheers!
- from Hunter Johnson of Lucky Restaurant in Roanoke, Virginia