3 large egg yolks
¾ cup Domino® Golden Sugar
¼ teaspoon Salt
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups espresso coffee
2 tablespoons rum (optional)
26 pieces ladyfingers
¼ cup Cocoa powder
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine egg yolks, ¼-cup sugar, and salt. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk the mixture until the sugar dissolves and the egg yolks turn to a light-pale yellow color. About 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Allow the mixture to cool. Stir occasionally.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whip the cream and the rest of the sugar (1/2-cup) until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and mascarpone cheese and continue whipping at medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the mascarpone mixture with the cool egg yolk mixture until combined and smooth.
- In a shallow dish, mix espresso with rum.
- Assemble. Dip ladyfingers, one at a time in the coffee mixture. Arrange in a single layer on the bottom of an 8in x 8in x 2in pan. Spread half of the mascarpone cream on top. Dust half of the cocoa powder over it. Repeat process for a second layer of ladyfingers, cream and cocoa.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Get more chef’s tips at dominosugar.com.
Chef Eleonora Lahud
Born to a family of professional bakers, Chef Eleonora’s love of cooking would eventually lead her to study at the American Institute of Baking, work for multiple international food companies and now, to a research chef role at Domino® Sugar. Eleonora works side-by-side with Domino® Sugar to develop products and recipes. Using her vast experience and international influences, she inspires us with her creativity, envisioning new options that put Domino® Sugar to use in delicious new ways.
- By Eleonora Lahud for Domino® Sugar