1 batch of tomatoes in vinaigrette
16 ounces fromage blanc (any spreadable cheese or crème fraîche would also work)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill plus sprigs of fresh dill for garnish
Kosher salt to taste
½ small red onion
2 heads endive
12 slices sourdough bread (of your favorite bread)
Extra virgin olive oil
4-5 large cloves garlic
- While tomatoes are marinating in vinaigrette, mix together fromage blanc, lemon juice, chopped dill, and salt. Set aside at room temperature for 2 hours to develop flavors.
- When tomatoes and fromage are ready, thinly slice red onion and rinse under water, then drain well. Cut cucumber into thin strips or dice and set aside.
- Cut endive heads in half and remove cores and separate leaves. Lightly mix endive, red onion, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Drizzle slices of bread with olive oil on both sides. Lightly season with kosher salt and grill until slightly browned on both sides. When bread comes off grill and is cool enough to handle, rub one side with raw garlic gloves.
- Spread fromage mixture onto plate and top with tomato mixture. Garnish with sprigs of dill and serve with grilled bread.
- from Chef Rene de Leon of Le Sel in Nashville, TN