2 – 3 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cups leftover turkey meat
½ cup turkey or chicken stock
1 cup green peas, or leftover cooked vegetables
1 package Boursin Pepper cheese
Salt and pepper
1½ cups leftover mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until shimmery on medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, bay leaves, and thyme. Sauté vegetables until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
- Add chicken or turkey stock, chopped turkey, peas, and Boursin Pepper cheese and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a 4-cup soufflé dish or ovenproof tureen. Spoon mashed potatoes over top and dust with smoked paprika. Place dish on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- from TLP Test Kitchen, Charleston, SC