For the Popcorn Cream
- Combine cream, sugar, salt, and truffle oil in a mixing bowl. Pour over cooked popcorn and let steep for a few hours or even overnight.
- Strain contents of bowl. Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
For the Black Truffle Onion Condiment
- Cook all ingredients over medium heat and down until it’s almost dry (like a syrupy) consistency. Hold sauce for plating.
For the Raviolo
- Take fresh turnip and slice it paper thin on a mandolin. Take a ring mold and punch out a circle from the turnip slice.
- Soak the discs in ice water for about 10 minutes.
- Blanch the slices in salted boiling water for about 10 seconds.
- Shock them in another ice bath. Pat them dry.
- Assemble raviolo by putting one slice down, then dollop of condiment, followed by cream in the middle. Top with another slice of turnip making the raviolo.
- Garnish with the condiment, popped popcorn, white truffle oil or olive oil, and some sea salt. Serve cold.
*Please note: In my cooking, I use grams, because weight is always a more precise and consistent measurement than volume. I highly recommend using a home scale. It’s worth the investment.