- Preheat grill to high and oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chuck with salt and pepper. Portion into 6-ounce patties.
- Grill to desired doneness.
- To assemble, warm buns in oven. On bottom bun, place thick layer of Louisiana Citrus Slaw, then burger patty. Top with pickled beets, chèvre, and top bun.
Louisiana Citrus Slaw
- Shred cabbage on mandoline or thinly slice with knife.
Combine cabbage with all other ingredients. Let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap beets in foil, place in oven, and roast until tender, about 45–55 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle, then peel, and cut into 1-inch slices. Transfer to wide, shallow container.
- Bring vinegar, sugar, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, cloves, bay leaf, salt, and ½ cup water to simmer in small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour liquid over beets. Let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.