- Place vinegar, cider, sugar, ginger, salt, and pepper in large saucepan set over high heat and bring to boil.
- Add shallots and mustard seed.
- Decrease heat to medium and cook 10–15 minutes or until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Add apples and cook until mixture becomes syrupy, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add mustard oil, and stir to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This condiment is great over the pâté, over pork or other meat dishes, or as a complement on cheese plates.
Try it with Chef Sparatta’s
Chicken Liver Pâté with Cider-Ginger Gelée