- In a large pot, bring peanuts and plenty of water to a rolling boil. Strain peanuts and discard water.
- In a food processer, blend peanuts, milk, cream, and sugar until smooth. Transfer back to pot.
- Bloom gelatin and dissolve into mixture over very low heat, then strain mixture into a Jell-O mold. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until fully set. Unmold by dunking mold into warm (NOT HOT!) water, then rest in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend peanuts, oats, flour, and sugar in food processor. Blend in butter and salt.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet and bake until lightly browned on top, then cool and crumble.
- In a small saucepot bring bourbon, sugar, and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and add cherries.
- Allow to steep for at least 20 minutes and up to 24 hours.
To Finish and Assemble
- Place slices of blancmange on plates, topping each with peanut crumble and steeped cherries.