1 small watermelon
3 ounces pure cane sugar
5 mint leaves, torn into small pieces
- Mash the insides of the watermelon with a potato masher until liquified (you’re looking for 2 cups of liquid; small pieces of watermelon in the liquid are fine).
- Note: You can scoop out the seeds, but they look beautiful in the frozen pops.
- Add pure cane sugar to watermelon and stir until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Stir in mint leaves.
- Pour mixture into a popsicle mold.
- Wait for it to partially freeze, then insert sticks and freeze completely.
- From Las Paletas of Nashville, Tennessee