Spoonful of sugar
2 ounces rum
Splash or two of sparkling soda
½ ounce mint reduction (recipe follows)
1 cup water
½ cup sugar
50 mint leaves
- Muddle the lime and sugar in the bottom of a highball glass.
- Add rum and stir briefly. Top with ice cubes and a few splashes of sparkling soda water.
- Drizzle with mint reduction.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes, then triple strain for a flawlessly smooth consistency.
- from Mixologist Matt Sayer of The Willcox Hotel in Aiken, SC