Food Culture of the South
Makes 1 cocktail
2 ounces butterfly pea flower-infused Hendricks gin*
¾ ounce lemon juice
¾ ounce blackberry-lavender simple syrup (recipe follows)
½ ounce almond orgeat (recipe follows)
Splash of club soda
Garnish: Mint sprig and lemon wheel
*Soak butterfly pea flowers in gin for 45 minutes. Strain before using.
- In a cocktail tin, combine all ingredients except club soda and garnishes.
- Shake for 15 seconds, then pour into a Collins glass filled with ice.
- Top with club soda and garnish with mint and lemon wheel.
Blackberry-Lavender Simple Syrup
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon dried lavender buds
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar with ¼ cup water. Bring to a boil until sugar dissovles.
- In a small bowl, muddle blackberries with lavender. Pour syrup over berry mixture and let steep for 1 hour. Strain before using.
- From CAMP, Greenville, South Carolina