12 ounces unsalted butter
1½ cups light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3¼ cups plus
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon salt
3 cups white chocolate chips
1½ cups dried cherries
1½ cups sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9½×11-inch sheet pan, then line bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, place butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix on medium until combined.
- In small bowl, mix together eggs and vanilla. Slowly add eggs and vanilla into mixer in three increments. Scrape sides of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Add flour, salt, white chocolate, cherries, and almonds. Mix until ingredients are combined. Do not overmix.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, approximately 20–30 minutes. Set aside to cool, then cut.
“A twist on our blondie,
this bar is almost an ‘adult’ blondie. It hits all the notes, with tart cherries, crunchy almonds, and sweet white chocolate.”
—Lauren Mitterer, Pastry Chef, WildFlour Pastry
- from Pastry Chef Lauren Mitterer of WildFlour Pastry, Charleston, South Carolina