- Bring 5 quarts water to boil in large pot, once boiling add large pinch of salt. Blanche kale in boiling water for about 3 minutes. Reserve water to cook pasta. Let kale cool.
- Mix all ingredients except pasta in blender until smooth paste has formed. If Pesto is too dry, slowly add some more olive oil. Pesto can be stored in refrigerator for up to 4 days. Top pesto with olive oil before sealing to prevent browning.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt to reserved kale water and return to boil. Add pasta to pot and stir. Cook until al dente.
- Reserve ½ cup pasta water, and then drain pasta.
- Transfer pasta into a large mixing bowl. Add pesto sauce and 2 tablespoons of pasta cooking water to bowl, and toss pasta gently to evenly cover with pesto. If it looks dry add more of cooking water, but not too much
- Place pasta in individual serving bowls, drizzle olive oil on top. Garnish with roasted walnuts, fresh ricotta.