1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1 shallot, peeled
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 large cucumbers, peeled and seeded
1 sprig mint
2 sprigs cilantro
2 slices white bread
12 seedless green grapes
24 shrimp, peeled and deveined, skewered 3-4 per stick
Oil for grilling
Salt and pepper
- For gazpacho, combine vinegar, shallot, oil, cucumber, mint, cilantro, white bread, and grapes in a blender and purée. Season to taste and refrigerate until cold.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- For the shrimp, brush shrimp with oil, salt, and pepper. Grill shrimp over high heat for about two minutes per side.
- Serve skewers of shrimp over bowls of gazpacho.
- from Chefs Jay Swift and Jeb Aldrich, 4th & Swift, Atlanta, Georgia