- Prepare a hot wood grill (charcoal is also acceptable).
- Roast oysters on grill for 4–5 minutes (wait for liquor to start bubbling from oysters and then cook for another 30 seconds). Remove from grill and carefully open tops with an oyster knife, being sure to preserve liquor in shell. Cut bottom muscle and arrange on a platter. Serve with prickly pear mignonette and cocktail sauce preserves.
Prickly Pear, Citrus, and Chile Mignonette
Cocktail Sauce Preserves
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mixing to combine. Season to taste.
- In a small saucepan, sweat shallots and garlic in oil over medium-low heat for 2–3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, cider vinegar, and sugar to pan, raise heat to medium, and simmer until sauce becomes jelly-like in consistency, about 15–20 minutes.
- Stir in pectin, freshly grated horseradish, and Worcestershire and remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper, cool, and refrigerate until ready to use.