- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook sugar in a 10” ovenproof sauté pan over high heat until it begins to caramelize around edges. Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally so that sugar does not burn. Once sugar is an even amber color, remove pan from heat and stir in butter. Let cool.
- Neatly arrange apple slices around bottom of pan. Sprinkle apples with rosemary and pinch of salt.
- Dock dough with fork or dough docker and place it on top of apples. Tuck edges of dough under apples.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully flip tart onto serving dish. Serve immediately with ice cream.
Honey-Black Pepper Ice Cream
- In medium sauce pot, combine milk, heavy cream, honey, and black pepper. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- In separate bowl, whisk together sugar, yolks, and salt.
- Temper the egg yolks with milk-heavy cream mixture by slowly whisking ⅓ of cream mixture into yolks. Whisk yolk mixture back into sauce pot with cream base and cook until it reaches 180 degrees or until it coats back of spoon. Pass base through mesh strainer and chill thoroughly.
- Churn ice cream base in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions until frozen. Store in freezer until ready to serve.