4-5 Dozen Wafers
6 ounces butter, softened to room temperature
1½ cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon good quality sesame oil (Kadoya)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using standing mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, sesame oil, and vanilla extract. Scrape down the bowl frequently.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add sifted dry ingredients to wet mixture. Add sesame seeds.
- Using a piping bag, pipe nickel-sized discs onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Sprinkle a little salt and sesame seeds on the top of each wafer, if desired. Bake for 7-9 minutes, until golden brown. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe ByPastry chef Emily Cookson of Charleston Grill in Charleston