Makes 6 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine first six ingredients.
- In a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and fold in flour mixture until just combined.
- Form dough into two (12-inch) logs that are 1½-inches in diameter. Wrap each with plastic wrap. Using your hands, square off sides of logs. Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 1 hour.
- Cut logs into ¼-inch-thick slices and arrange on two parchment-lined baking sheets. Use the tines of a fork to punch holes into each cookie. Bake two sheets on upper and lower thirds of oven for 10 to 12 minutes, switching pans’ positions halfway through baking. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.
- Make the powdered sugar glaze: Combine 1 cup of powdered sugar with 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of water, and whisk together until the glaze is smooth. If needed, thin with water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it reaches desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
From But First, Dessert.
Don’t want to make your own holiday showstopper? Order one from Southern Baked Pie Company and have it delivered right to your door.
This is an affiliate link. To read more about our affiliate policies, please click here.
Recipe ByAmanda Wilbanks, Southern Baked Pie Company